Community Roundup (7/26 to 8/17)

[legend]Bi-Weekly Roundup[/legend]

[fieldset]If you are planning on entering the Grand Opening Contest, please PM me as per the instructions in the thread.

TAO will be launching an interview series in the next week or two. Our first guest will be Steve Theodore, a Technical Director at Bungie Studios. If you’d like to be interviewed or would like to see someone interviewed, please PM myself or Adrian Walker.

We’ve brought on a new Site Admin to work with us on the community projects, and tie up technical loose ends. Hopefully, we should see more progress on some of the site and content initiatives we’ve laid out. Please welcome Aryeh Gregor to TAO.
SIGGRAPH 08 just wrapped up, and we want to hear from those of you in attendance. Please PM us any presentations you liked or notes you may have compiled. We will put them together for the next roundup, to point those who didn’t attend to what the most useful presentations were, and to fill in the blanks of those who did attend but had an overbooked schedule.
[legend]Community News[/legend][/fieldset]

[fieldset]Chris Evans and his brother have translated an interesting article on the MGS4 animation system. Which begs an interesting question- do we have an Japanese technical artists on this forum?

Alsoran provides a link for the Spore animation system whitepaper. Quite technical, but very interesting. If you haven’t played around with the Spore creature creator demo, I’d highly suggest it. Getting the animation system to work how they have is quite a feat!

Here is an interesting thread about script deployment. This is one of those topics under perennial discussion and can make a big difference at a studio.

Join the discussion about folder and file naming conventions in the very hot topic, here.
[legend]Forum[/legend][/fieldset]

Sorry about the delay on this roundup, I will try to make them more regular, but we all know how life goes.