A 'Blog Roll' forum?

I have a suggestion stemming from selfishness, so I want to pass it by people instead of imposing it (ie, if no one else would benefit, I won’t do it). Basically, I have been posting on my blog again with useful articles, and I know a lot of other members here have blogs. Posting on a blog is good for visibility and ownership, and when you post on a forum you lose a lot of that visibility and ownership. Ie, I want to have a collection of ‘my articles’ in a single place, so people can see what I think and write. (Actually this was a key issue during the founding of the site and one reason you don’t see some big names in the TA community here much).

That said, the viewership on this forum is much larger than what most of us have on our blogs, but I don’t just want to cross-post messages as-is- something about that feels way too self serving. So I want to create a ‘blog roll’ forum, where anyone can post and say 'I just posted this article, ‘About Foo and why it is better than Bar’, and people can comment on it in the forum or on your blog- and the expectation is, your blog would cross-reference the TAO thread on your post, so the discussion could happen in two places if needed. Is this something people would be interested in? A way to give blogs higher visibility and people who would be interested in the topics a better mechanism to find relevant blogs. I know I want it but I don’t want to be the only contributor.

Sure, I’d use that. I sometimes post here when I make blog posts anyway.

+1, i don’t blog much (read: at all) but i’m not above leeching off everyone else’s great advice! :D:

It’s a good idea since the TA.O RSS feeds will aggregate all of this into an on topic feed.

Sounds good, would also be good if there was a sticky with links to numerous td blogs, as the only way I seem to find these blogs are from peoples signatures.

Sounds good, I’ve posted links to my blog here before so I’d definitely make use of it.

Yep I’m keen for that one Rob.

~B)

yup, sounds good.

+1

In case you haven’t noticed, this is now live: http://tech-artists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

this is awesome! niice work :slight_smile: