Sr. Graphics / Rendering Engineer

Hello Everybody,

My name is Eli and I work specifically in the gaming industry helping companies find talented folks to join their team on a full-time basis. One of my clients is on the lookout for a very Sr. level graphics and rendering engineer to join their team in the San Francisco Bay Area. If the description below looks like a good fit, then feel free to shoot me a line at [email protected].

This new M-rated action/adventure IP will set new standards for the action-packed story-driven single-player console experience. Our team values are as follows: Gameplay comes first, controller feel is everything, culture of creativity, be highly iterative, playtest early and often, learn from failure, work fast and smart, and surround ourselves with the best talent in the world. We have signed an Oscar-nominated writer, world class concept artists and production designers, are consulting with industry experts in game design and production, and have assembled one of the most talented and motivated game teams out there. Our client is 100% committed to this new IP, and is already making plans to extend the IP into film, television, comics, graphic novels, action figures, and the web.

Responsibilities
will work closely with art and design to define and develop the look of the game on the next-generation consoles
will collaborate with senior artists to improve cutting edge rendering, lighting workflow and pipelines and drive adoption for next generation game titles
will interact with on site and off site graphics experts to effectively plan, share and advance rendering development across their world wide studios
will provide hands-on technical expertise to define and develop full screen post processing effects and have a direct impact on cutting edge visuals
will develop advanced shaders using HLSL and platform specific shader languages

Qualifications
must have at least 6 years of programming experience with emphasis on 3D and Graphics
must have rendering experience on consoles (Sony PS3, Microsoft Xbox 360)
must have experience using HLSL and platform specific shader languages
must have C/C++ programming skills.
must have experience with graphics pipeline optimization techniques
must have strong math and computer graphics background
must have ability to read and quickly understand unfamiliar code
must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
must have excellent oral and written communication skills
must have a B.S in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
should have assembly programming skills
should have at least one 3D published title
should be passionate about playing and making Games
should have experience with developing/maintaining a rendering tool pipeline