Technical Art Director - New M-rated IP

Hello Everybody,

My name is Eli and I work specifically in the gaming industry helping companies find talented folks to join their team on a full-time basis. One of my clients is on the lookout for a Technical Art Director to join their team in the San Francisco Bay Area. If the description below looks like a good fit, then feel free to shoot me a line at [email protected].

This new M-rated action/adventure IP will set new standards for the action-packed story-driven single-player console experience. Our team values are as follows: Gameplay comes first, controller feel is everything, culture of creativity, be highly iterative, playtest early and often, learn from failure, work fast and smart, and surround ourselves with the best talent in the world. We have signed an Oscar-nominated writer, world class concept artists and production designers, are consulting with industry experts in game design and production, and have assembled one of the most talented and motivated game teams out there. Our client is 100% committed to this new IP, and is already making plans to extend the IP into film, television, comics, graphic novels, action figures, and the web

Responsibilities
will be responsible for overseeing a group of technical artists with varied skill sets
will be crucial in determining the feasibility of new technologies that perform at targeted frame rates

Qualifications
must be strongly self-motivated and able to solve technical issues related to virtually every aspect of the game art pipeline
should be extremely proactive, be able to identify tools needed, and should be capable of creating new tools to speed up content creation
should have both a strong artistic and technical background
should be able to tasks others, give career guidance, and work with other people and teams including non-technical artists
must have a deep understanding of video game development
must have several shipped titles and knowledge of film/game pipelines
must have ability to script/program in one or more languages such as Mel, Python, C++, C#
must have strong artistic abilities in one or more of these areas: lighting, rigging, rendering, animation, modeling, shaders, painting, sculpting etc
must have ability to debug issues in custom tools, pipelines and 3d software
must have strong knowledge of off-the-shelf software, specifically Maya
must have strong people skills ? must be able to interface between programmers and artists
must have work samples
must have previous experience creating art and art pipelines for Xbox360 and/or PS3 games
must have previous experience leading other artists, and inspiring them to greatness
must have ability to evaluate competitive product and learn from their solutions
must have strong verbal and written communication skills
must have high degree of self-motivation and initiative
should be an avid gamer