PyMel in PTVS

I installed the Python Tools for Visual Studio today ( http://pytools.codeplex.com/ ), i set it to use the maya interpreter, and overall I like it and might switch to it from eclipse.

However, has anyone managed to set it up to auto-complete pymel and cmds? I cannot thus far manage to set that up.

Thanks.

Mike.

if you’re having the same issue I had with pyCharm and completion with cmds, you’ll need to download the full pymel zip file (here). They have stubs for the all the pymel & cmds commands in it.
Just be careful with the order of it in your pythonpath.

Hey greuh,

Thanks for the response, as usual, after hours of fiddling and finally deciding to post I manage to find the option in a rather obvious location that i was simply managing to miss.

Appreciate the help though.

Mike.

[QUOTE=MikeM;12119]Hey greuh,

Thanks for the response, as usual, after hours of fiddling and finally deciding to post I manage to find the option in a rather obvious location that i was simply managing to miss.

Appreciate the help though.

Mike.[/QUOTE]

What was the solution, for future reference?

In the project properties there is a search path field for auto complete which I had not filled it, I believe that was the missing link along with the Python Tools button to analyse the auto complete database.