3d Max SDK study - Skin Slide

Hi there,

I would like to show you my first attempt creating a plugin with 3d Max SDK. The work is still in progress but I am pretty happy with the outcome so far. The main deal of this plugin is to create the effect that simulates muscles sliding underneath the skin. My plan now is to polish this plugin, add some more functionalities and post more illustrative examples here soon. C&C are more than welcome.

Link to video

Cheers,
Seigi

very impressive !

as i’m currently working on my first Max plugin too, i know what it means to get a working plugin out for 3sd Max the first time :wink:

Good job!

Have you looked at a similar plugin for Maya by Kickstand?

Good job, btw!

Yes, Rob. I have come across the Stretch Mesh plugin for Maya from Kickstand and it is just awesome. It is very solid and full of features. I have also seen some other very cool stuff on these references:

VorleX muscle system slide effect
Chad Vernon Reel 2010
Muscle system online research project
Capturing and animating skin deformation in human motion

And I can’t believe I missed the reference from Lumonix. I had already seen their Skin FX plenty of times. It is brilliant. Btw, thank for the comment Kees.

If anyone needs good stuff, go for these guys: Kickstand and Lumonix.

For now I will just burn my brain trying to figure out how the beast of 3d Max SDK works, right Spacefrog? =)

Thank you for the compliment. :slight_smile:
It is fun to see your experiment. Not too many people do this stuff (especially in 3dsmax).

Great dude !

Wish I have sometime to learn maya api and do it !

Will be looking forward your results…

Thanks Ehsan.

I have made some more progress and I posted it here: http://www.seigisato.com/?p=705

Cheers,
Seigi