Maya Shelf Path

Hoping someone may be able to help, I’m trying to set an environment path for some shelves by using the following in Maya.env
“MAYA_SHELF_PATH = C:\Projects\artcommon\mayascripts\prefs\shelves”
The shelves show up but are empty. In 2008 they get overwritten with this state, 2011 doesn’t do this but they still show up blank… anyone encounter this before?
I’d like to avoid having to symlink each new shelf I add down the road.

Cheers

have you set a MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH aswell in the maye.env? I think i remember, that i ran into a similar problem once and it help putting the MAYA_SHELF_PATH before the MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH.

As you tried to open the shelves in both 2008 and 2011. You know, that maya 2011 shelves have some additional entries, which are not supported in earlier maya versions. So, once opened and saved in Maya2011 you would have to delete those entries to get the shelves work again in earlier versions.

Thanks for the reply… Yes I did also set MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH and XBMLANGPATH as well. I had even tried it both ways first and last, with no luck. Thanks for the heads up on the 2008-2011 difference.

Just tested this at home and it works fine which tells me there is something conflicting in my Maya.env at work… knew I should have tested with a clean environment.