Maya Python For Games and Film question

Hey folks, need a bit of a hand from you if you don’t mind…

Now that the book is out, I’d like to start tossing up some content on the companion website and i’d be interested to hear what exactly you guys would like to see.

I wrote the chapters on Writing Python Programs in Maya (Chapter 3) and Object-Oriented Programming in Maya(Chapter 5, aka, the Pymel chapter, go figure), so if there are any supplemental discussions, code samples, whatever, you guys and gals would like to see on those subjects, PM me, shoot me an email ([email protected]), or get in touch with me via any of the 8 million ways you can contact me online.

Oh yes, and I will DEFINITELY mention you in the writeup if I use one of your suggestions and give you some link-love if you’ve got a blog or anything like that. Thanks!

I am reading through chapter 3 as we speak and so far its been a pretty comprehensive read. Honestly, it is so nice to finally have some more in-depth python material that is centered around Maya. Being a person who needs context and see use for coding functions, having examples that are set in maya is simply awesome.

Sneaky sneaky…didn’t realize you wrote that ‘brief’ chapter you mentioned on the other thread…I’ll be sure to shoot your way once I get my hands on the copy I requested from our training department [first they have to buy it!]

Yeah! I had no idea either! Well, I borrowed it from a coworker and skimmed it. I can’t wait to get my hands on it myself.

This book is great! Nice hardback book with a text book feel makes it seem even more worth it’s price.

Anyone find a pdf or similar version yet?

looks great…
$53 n free shipping hard cover book sounds like a great price fer me to drop x-mas hints fer. :cool:
http://www.maya-python.com/

maybe the logo cover change will someday make the original a valuable colletors item for future TAO geeks?