Maya Python dlls

Hi all,

Anyone knows what dll maya uses when you write:

from maya.api import *

I am want to load it externally.

Thanks,
Light

My guess would be it’s using the dlls in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2009\bin and the wrappers in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2009\Python\Lib\site-packages\maya. Does maya.standalone do what you’re looking for?

Thanks Seth. I guess it might. But do you know how to appropriately load these modules and assign it to a variable so I can use it like:

maya = imp.load…

maya.MVector…

Thanks,
Light

I’m not a Maya user and I’ve only tried this with windows dlls, so salt.take(pinch).

Have a look at the ctypes module. It allows you to call functions from non-python dlls. If you’re also importing maya.api, you might be able to instantiate proper maya objects (vectors, geometry etc).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Drea

Thanks man, I will give that a try too (:

Light

to load the maya python module you need to be running mayapy - you can’t load up the maya module via the standard cpython interpreter… i imagine this is by design.

I’ve managed to run it from Eclipse and IDLE, not sure how this is being used though, but I fired up a maya.standalone which create a batch version of Maya and then ran commands on a file. Maybe I misunderstood

how much about a nike shoes ??every one know??