Context Sensitive / Dynamic Maxscript UI?

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic but here goes -

I’m looking to add some context sensitive functionality to my Maxscript UI. In the most simple example, when a user presses a button, or checks a radio button, I’d like new UI elements to appear. My goal is to keep the UI as clean and minimal as possible, whilst providing only the options needed at any given time.

I’m not sure if there is something exposed in Maxscript to make this easier or if there are preferred methods to achieve something like this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tyler

Have you looked into .net tab controls? Is that something you’d be interested in? (Max 9 and higher only though)

If you are trying to do this via maxscript in a scripted material, be prepared for PAIN. Scripted materials are a nightmare.
Just a friendly FYI

Yeah this is better handled by .net. I did a simple tab control in maxscript and it was a pain. If you do have to go that way, make a function to hide/unhide certain groups of controls, that way it’s much easier to mange.

I would build different rollouts “per context” and just swap these out, depending on your needs, this can be done by button, tabcontrol or whatever control really. Have a look at the rollout clause in the mxs help.

-Johan