Thread of FX Awesomeness

Thought could use a thread to show awesome videos and images that could be good for reference for visual effects.

//youtu.be/lUZ-e2SkeMI&

The Slow Mo Guys

Ha, there were some really fun ones there; not the usual stuff. I think my favorites were the Candle+Bullet+Lighter, and the Candle+Flour ones.

Discovery’s Time Warp is another fun one

//youtu.be/Oe4Rm8mVZy8

Ummm… Wow! that Dumt & Farligt stuff is crazy, laughed my ass off, kinda made my day really. But yes, cool reference that’s going in my bookmarks.

Cheers!

Just some Awesome Slowmotion effect stuff :slight_smile:

Bullet Impacts in slooooooow motion!

//youtu.be/QfDoQwIAaXg

Fire, Sparks and Explosions!
[VIMEO]22847810[/VIMEO]

Building Demolition
[VIMEO]4564160[/VIMEO]

Guns and explosions.
[VIMEO]29339001[/VIMEO]

Particle type effects in slowmotion
[VIMEO]25277347[/VIMEO]

watching those gun effects, looking at games today, they really exaggerate the fire bursts.

[vimeo]40768255[/vimeo]

Shuttle launch. Epic fire to smoke transition along with the whole launch sequence.

Space Shuttle Launch

This is an archive of videos showing what happens when an electrical disconnect has an arc flash.

“You’re going to suffer massive, if not total, body burn”

An iceberg flipping over:

//youtu.be/Sh271FAVZ0o

//youtu.be/6acPX_00M9Q

//youtu.be/snD1b-om5xw

//youtu.be/HB3K5HY5RnE

[video=vimeo;28457062]https://vimeo.com/28457062[/video]

[QUOTE=Demno;15973]Shuttle launch. Epic fire to smoke transition along with the whole launch sequence.

Space Shuttle Launch[/QUOTE]

Also Apollo 11 slowmo launch

Lava flow:

[video=vimeo;44768092]https://vimeo.com/44768092[/video]

Hi everyone, I am a new member of this community and want to say that this platform is just amazing to share experiences technology.

I got to me some of this for my “gear” (Lol Zoltan, backpack and electronics). Heck I will spay myself… I wonder if this would stop me sweating?

//youtu.be/SwZ0zlJrpe4

No, that would only stop you procreating.

Our lead FX artist showed me this video this morning. I thought it was too cool not to share!

//youtu.be/uV5GLeM4sG4

//youtu.be/8AUHnCthbY4

:slight_smile: