[Maya Pose Library] poseCritter

Hi guys,

I would like to show you a little pose library i did for Maya.
It’s called poseCritter, here is a little introduction video:

[video=vimeo;53740934]http://vimeo.com/53740934[/video]

Some infos:

• Based on databases, no manual loadup of xml files etc. at startup. Poses and thumbnails can easily be exchanged.
  • Works with references. Pick the root namespace and interchange poses between different references (of the same rig)
  • Flexible, dockable PyQt interface

Requirements:
Maya2012/13, PyQt (get it at Nathan Hornes Homepage)

Download poseCritter RC1

Since the tool is a first release candidate, i would be happy for some feedback (requests, bugs etc.)

Cheers,
Timm

looks really clean. I just had one little suggestion on the thumbnail size slider. I would suggest picking maybe 4 or 5 sizes, then have the slider snap between them. The idea is instead of thumbnail size driving it would be tiles per row driving.

Thanks, that would probably give a bit more structure. I’ll probably try that out…

nice work!

Any thoughts about releasing the sources? (yes, I always ask because we love great tools, but we also love stuff we can integrate with out pipeline tools -e.g. P4 handlers, QA tools, etc).

[QUOTE=RobertKist;19033]nice work!

Any thoughts about releasing the sources? (yes, I always ask because we love great tools, but we also love stuff we can integrate with out pipeline tools -e.g. P4 handlers, QA tools, etc).[/QUOTE]

True , because it giving the pb below which is not a example it’s my problem today :

I want to integrate your tool for three animators , because it seems to be very clean and efficient, I tested it and it gave me very good results. (+10pt)
Except : the dock window is not sizable (-0.5pt) (can you fix it ? if others people have the same problem).
But with this little pb , I wanted to change it by my own … poseCritter … here is the folder … .pyc file ?! nooo ! (-20)
Finally I will search for an other tool. (ideas guys ? Advanced Skeleton poseLibrary someone tested it ?)

Cc=
But i also understand that you do not want somebody take your work to make money or something bad.
But you loose in the same time the people that just want to work with it. I’m not happy to say that because your tool is great (presentation/user friendly/file portability).

Finally if you want to hide everything you can uic.compileUI(poseCritter.ui) in a .pyc file by the way…
Gratz anyway.

Hey Aton, sry for the late reply, i’m pretty busy at the moment.
I sent you a PM with the sources, should u still need them.
It would be nice if, should you publish your modified version, credit me.

Cheers,
Timm

Edit:
The Plugin uses PyMel, which seems to cause problems with the plugin FurryBall. Should you have both in your pipeline, make sure to unload FurryBall when animating.

I was a dog in a past life. Really. I’ll be walking down the street and dogs will do a sort of double take. Like, Hey, I know him. Test