TD College

Hi Guys,

This just came through the DLF email send out and thought some people would be interested.

Just launching this week, is TD College, and online TD School, with some of the best TD’s in the business today pooling their knowledge and resources.

http://www.td-college.com/index.php

~B)

I’ve actually already registered and will be in the march 7th python class. I’m curious how it is and how good it will be.

1200 aint cheap

Well it is and isn’t. If you’re in school, it is better value than most of your credits (not that it matters). If you’re professional already, $1200 for an intro course, that isn’t cheap…

That’s true I suppose, just the initial thought of forking 1200 to learn how to write MEL seemed high. But I can see how the python courses might be valuable if you’ve been itching to learn it but haven’t had the time/motivation to do so.

Specially if your company has some sort of extended education program where they refund you for it (most big ones do if you ask HR)

Thanks for the link, I’ll keep an eye out for upcomming classes

some of the classes seem interesting, and i like that they seem to have broad appeal. since every td has a different role within their studio, it would be nice to get experience in other areas (effects and rendering are areas that i have very little experience in). curious to hear how the quality of instruction is.

Would be nice to not have prerequisites on the higher up classes. If you already know Mel and Python and use them on a normal basis, it doesn’t make sense to take those classes, but it is required to take them for some of the classes that interest me.

My guess is they will remove those, or they can be waived if you contact them. It seems quite foolish for an online tutorial school…

Here’s hoping. :D: