Animator Meets Rigger Idea: Based on another individual's question

Another individual on here posed a question that raised an idea I had, and instead of bogging down that initial posting I’m moving the idea here.

Here is the basic concept: Students in this field appear to need a craigslist sort of portal to connecting up with potential animators and burgeoning TD’s/Riggers. So create a simple page that allows them to post and connect. No frills, basic, but functional. Here was my post on the other conversation:
Basic idea:

• Animators log on, post their needs
  • Student Riggers respond and connect
    1 Main rule, be respectful, and provide feedback.
    If it works well: all learn something/move forward in our profession/animation harmony/hugs n puppies all around- All good?

Current landing/shell page: http://animatormeetsrigger.wordpress.com/

Anyone interested in assisting or being an admin, or other response please respond on here, pm me, email, carrier pigeon…you get the point :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=TreyAnesi;19763]Another individual on here posed a question that raised an idea I had, and instead of bogging down that initial posting I’m moving the idea here.

Here is the basic concept: Students in this field appear to need a craigslist sort of portal to connecting up with potential animators and burgeoning TD’s/Riggers. So create a simple page that allows them to post and connect. No frills, basic, but functional. Here was my post on the other conversation:
Basic idea:

• Animators log on, post their needs
  • Student Riggers respond and connect
    1 Main rule, be respectful, and provide feedback.
    If it works well: all learn something/move forward in our profession/animation harmony/hugs n puppies all around- All good?

Current landing/shell page: http://animatormeetsrigger.wordpress.com/

Anyone interested in assisting or being an admin, or other response please respond on here, pm me, email, carrier pigeon…you get the point :)[/QUOTE]

Its really great idea but one of the big problem as rigger i face is models.
As a rigger i am really bored of free models which are available on site and they all are too old, creative director from my institute that he will not see my rig because i have used an model which is downloaded from site and is also old.
So we also need some really good modelers to provide use an model for rigging. I really don’t know about other but in india there are lots of BG modeler but few good character modeler but they only model full character at a time of showreel submission.
Mentor avoid them because they don’t respond to mentor or they don’t submit weekly projects.

I think we can work with that. I could add a section for modelers that would like to allow “free” models, as long as they link to their own sites for DL’s etc. Right now I’ve got the wordpress app running from my phone so its pretty easy to approve stuff. Thanks for signing up!

Added a section for that and I’m still fiddling with the site theme. Let me know any other suggestions, wordpress is pretty easy to maneuver around.

Wow, its looks great now I would share this site as much as i can And wordpress is always been good for blogging

Great idea! Hopefully students take full advantage of it.

Over 1,016 hits in the few hours of posting the site :slight_smile: Several Animators have expressed interest in testing out rigs, so post on up. Again, this is craigslist style, no “monetary” gain etc, just user run. Hope it helps!
-Trey

Anyone interested in being an additional admin let me know. Its no frills, just watch for spam.
Qualifications are:
-10 years with Wordpress
-5 years HTML
-5 years CSS
-5 years of IP security scripting
-8 years of Maya/3DS Max experience

Ok, how about you’re good at checking your email, can type, are reliable, and realize the above “requirements” was sarcasm?:D:

This is a great idea Trey! I’ve added a Trello card to figure out how we can do some better promotion on this site to link to useful niche sites like this.

Aw, great! Thank you for coming up with this idea and website.
I guess I am going to share it to a bunch of people at my university. Maybe someone is interested in sharing a nice Model to work with.

• fav :slight_smile:

Sounds like an excellent idea. I know that I’ve been in a position where I’ve been looking for some feedback on rigs or finding models to rig.

Will spread the word!

This is great! I’ve had the idea for a similar type of thing that would expand to pretty much every artistic field where students can’t do every aspect of a project. Mine is currently only a facebook group that a few friends are part of and no one posts on, hah, this is looking great. I’m signing up and spreading it around, I’ve got a rig to lend out and and certainly looking for talented animators.

Thanks All!
@TaylorAnimated - Wordpress initially flagged your post for my approval, but you’re all good now :slight_smile:

Added to the “Requests” page, feel free to post Tool ideas, or requests as well.

Whala !!! Excellent idea :slight_smile: As i’m a rigger i loved it.