TAO on IRC

To help members with needs such as this or this, I’ve set up an IRC channel. Instructions for use:

[ol]
[li]Download an IRC client, such as mIRC, or if you are using FireFox, ChatZilla. I’d highly recommend ChatZilla if you are an IRC n00b or don’t want to set up another program.
[/li][li]Connect to freenode.net server, by typing “/connect irc.freenode.net” in mIRC, or “/attach irc.freenode.net” in ChatZilla.
[/li][li]Join our channel by typing “/join #techart”.
[/li][li]That’s it! You’re now in. Feel free to idle all day and wait around for people.
[/li][li]To change your nickname, type “/nick <nickname>”. To register it, type “/msg nickserv register <password> <email>”, then follow the confirmation instructions you receive by e-mail. The e-mail address must be valid.
[/li][/ol]

As much as I like the permanance and archivability of forums and wiki info, some things are best left to chat. I will be idling there during the day and will try to get some others as well. It’d be nice if we could have some language/program experts in there to be on call for questions.

saweet. I will be camping out on that. I’m also a pretty accomplished Mel and Maya API guy and I’m pretty comfortable with python. Big thanks Rob!

Great way to eb able to learn from others. Thanks

Excellent, IRC is one of the more helpful time sinks on the net i’ve found, I’ll drop in when i remember!

You can also use a web client: mibbit.com if you are on a proxy

Very cool…i’ll definitely lurk and maybe have an opinion/helpful hint from time to to time…

Good stuff!

Awesome work Rob :slight_smile:

I haven’t been on mirc in years, gonna have to set this up!

We had a rip roaring good time today, great turnout. I even saw some people who never post, I don’t get that.

Lurkers are everywhere!

what a great idea!

I feel like a teenager again!

增殖体肥大治疗增殖体是指位于鼻腔后方的淋巴组织,是身体对抗感染的防线之一。某些儿童的增殖体在经过反复感染之后就会增大,可造成空气流通障碍,或阻塞空气通往中耳的耳咽管。 增殖体肥大的症状有: 1、打鼾。 鼻中隔偏曲症状 url=http://www.ebh39.com/zztfd.html]增殖体肥大治疗2、孩子常因呼吸困难,在夜间醒来,导致造成次日异常疲劳。 鼻中隔偏曲症状 增殖体肥大治疗3、孩子有用口呼吸的现象。 鼻中隔偏曲症状 鼻中隔偏曲治疗3、有鼻音发出。 鼻中隔矫正 假如耳咽管被增大的腺体所阻塞,那么患儿就可能会经常发生中耳感染,而此症可引发湿耳和听力丧失。出现以上症状,应该及时带孩子去医院就诊。 增殖体肥大治疗专科医生会通过X光片,来评估腺体的大小,并且他可能会建议进行手术切除腺体。 鼻中隔偏曲症状 为了减轻患儿因用口呼吸所产生的喉咙干涩,可将儿童房内的湿度调高,并鼓励患儿侧卧或俯卧,这样不易引起打鼾。 增殖体肥大治疗经过治疗,在没有切除腺体的情况下,腺体通常会在孩子7岁左右开始缩小,症状也开始消退。腺体可在孩子进入青春期之前完全消失。但切除腺体的患儿很少发生呼吸道感染,并且不容易发生耳部感染。鼻中隔偏曲症状

MS22 系列是设计紧凑,价格合理的工业用固定式扫描仪,它提供快速而卓越的性能,Symbol MS22全面适用于一维和二维符号,包括PDF417,RSS和复合码型。SYMBOL MS32 系列条码扫描器紧凑设计,以高速、全面旋转扫描模式,360度阅读一维条码,无需调整视域中的条码,MS32 系列能生成光栅模式读取二维码。。SYMBOL MS32 系列条码扫描器紧凑设计,以高速、全面旋转扫描模式,360度阅读一维条码,无需调整视域中的条码,MS32 系列能生成光栅模式读取二维码。 MS32系列条码扫描器紧凑设计,以高速、全面旋转扫描模式,360度阅读一维条码,无需调整视域中的条码,MS32 系列能生成光栅模式读取二维码。MS44系列为极小的空间和需要固定安装的环境提供了高性能一维和二维条码扫描,图像采集及直接零部件打标(DPM)读取功能,非常适用于比较狭小的空间,即插即用SYMBOL MS954 固定式条码扫描器设计紧凑,结实耐用,它拥有一流的线性扫描功能,可以精确扫描各类一维条码,设置印刷不良或对比度低的符号。 Symbol MS 954 具有2种可调节的扫描角度(47度和35度),能够充分满足OEM设备在工作范围上的要求,作为当今最小巧、最轻便、智能的扫描器之一。 Symbol MS954 还非常适合安装在空间狭小的OEM设备结构中,精确的完成自动数据采集,同时它可以作为单独的固定式扫描器使用。METROLOGIC IS8300与其它IS 8000系列的区别在于:扫描速度、景深、扫描模式、条码宽高比、每秒钟产生的扫描线数上有所不同。这一工业产品家族的设计初衷就是通过提供一种免提式扫描的解决方案来提高生产率。实践证明,IS8000扫描仪的优越性能是无法比拟的,定单处理、退货处理、收发货和生产线作业等仅是其应用领域广泛的几个代表性案例。 IS8000系列扫描仪也是传送带系统中扫描包裹的理想选择,其中传送带的速度最高可达1.8米/秒。

man i would love to partake in this but our firewall blocks the port =\

Sorry to bring up an old post, but is it just me or is the freenode server down?
The applet I use to connect to it is not letting me see the disconnection messages, it just terminates on me.

On that note, I would ask if anyone knows a good web-irc thingo, as I’m too lazy to install any IRC applications.

Or a good irc application I could install. :nod:

@iko
It works for me,
I use Chatzilla plugin for Firefox
You can download it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/16

Here’s a browser based clinet:

http://webchat.freenode.net/

Freenode apparently just started blocking Mibbit, so it looks like the webchat is where its at at for us firewalled types

Yes, it was mibbit giving me trouble. Will start using the freenode webchat. Thanks!

The IRC is still going strong during the work week/workday. Just thought I’d bump for anyone that is skiddish or may have missed it.