T-Shirt Contest

There’s been some interest about tech-artists.org swag. We are a proud bunch and we like the world to know what we do, even if they have no idea what we do!

So we’re going to open a Spreadshirt.com store to sell t-shirts! But first, we need designs. We will be choosing [B]four[B] designs- two from the ‘tech-artists.org’ category and two from the ‘funny t-shirt’ category. Each winner will get a choice of two shirts. We may choose other designs as well- if your design is chosen as a runner-up, you’ll get a t-shirt with your design on it.

The tech-artists.org category will need to be a cool looking icon, design, etc., for the site. Something iconic, recognizable, good looking, whatever.

The funny t-shirt category can just be any sort of funny tech-arty t-shirt.

Rules for Entry:
[ol]
[li]Please submit a jpeg of the design no larger than 1024x1024, posted in THIS THREAD. Winners will need to provide source art files (.ai, .psd, etc.)[/li][li]Design can be raster/pixel, or vector.[/li][li]Design should not be presented on a t-shirt; it should just be the design. An additional image applied to a t-shirt template can be submitted for application ideas, but is not required.[/li][li]Raster designs must be at least 200 dpi and not exceed 3000x3000 pixels.[/li][li]Designs do not need to be of any particular proportion or real size- you are designing a t-shirt, keep that in mind.[/li][/ol]

This contest will close sometime in May, once we get some good designs. Hopefully we can offer a variety of items- different styles of tees (Fruit of the Loom and American Apparel), and maybe hoodies, etc.

Any questions, just ask (I’m sure I missed something).

This makes me think of a hilarious tech shirt I saw recently.

“There are 10 types of people who understand binary
people who do and people who don’t”

People who get it will laugh.

[QUOTE=Bharris;2987]
“There are 01 types of people who understand binary
people who do and people who don’t”[/QUOTE]

I think you mean:

“There are 10 types of people who understand binary;
people who do and people who don’t.”

10 = 2
01 != 2

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/frustrations/5aa9/

[QUOTE=sl4ppy;2990]I think you mean:

“There are 10 types of people who understand binary;
people who do and people who don’t.”

10 = 2
01 != 2[/QUOTE]

Dick! I knew I missed something.

I think that shows what category you belong in, :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just kidding!

Here’s my shirt design:

Kees wins…the essence of the modern technical artist, right ther:D:

If there’s a demand we can set up funny shirts as well, please submit those. But the contest winner will be some sort of TAO design (it can be funny, too, but should incorporate TAO in some way).

Adjusted the original rules. There will now be 4 winners- two for funny t-shirt, two for TAO design.

I laughed… out loud :D:

HOTSTUFFMMM

is there a set number of colors we can use?

Here is an entry! I love the colors on this site, based it off of that and the little arrow favicon which is also a cool design.

Here’s another entry for you. Still sort of a WIP, but you get the idea. If anyone has any crits let me know!

Quick crit: I know its still a WIP, but pretty sure there’s an extra ‘T’ in there somewhere ;).

excellent catch. I don’t know how I missed that. I will reupload

( for i = artist )

1st design.

Yeah. That’s a real nice idea. I like it!

2nd design. Inspired by chatting with Ben during lunch.