[Maya2014] Serious speed issues and "hickups"

Hey guys,

for the current project we are working on we switched to Maya2014. But since we did that, we are encountering serious speed issues.
Every third time when using the hotbox, or expanding a node in the node editor or opening a file with the file browser, Maya has serious “hickups”
of about 20-30 seconds.
We are almost completely working with a project on a network server, which never has been a problem with earlier versions of Maya.
Maya 2012 always behaved flawless with the same setup…
This “hickup” issue is by far the worst, but there are several other issues like Maya not letting me drag and drop with the middle mouse button in the
outliner to parent nodes. (Could be fixed by whiping out the prefs…)
Do you encounter similiar problems, or only when running projects on a network, or is the 2014 version known to be especially buggy?

Edit: Actually when i try to fully expand a node in the node editor (or just graph it), cpu usage is raised to 100% for about 20 seconds on one core…WTF…
Edit2: The version is Maya2014 Service Pack 1
Edit3: // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/startup/ModCreateMenu.mel line 919: Menu Item’s menu not found. <-- This is frequently happening when using the hotbox

Does it occur if you copy files to the local drive and work from there?

Does it feel like the terrible AttributeEditor perf in 2011 did?

Does it occur if you copy files to the local drive and work from there?

Need to check that…but even if that fixes the problem, all other projects on the same server as well as the programs used to edit them
dont seem to have issues…

Does it feel like the terrible AttributeEditor perf in 2011 did?

What is/was that? :wink:

There’s something in the way AE’s are drawn in 2011 that imposes a huge perf drag, especially on big meshes. I think it’s probably a mel callback that gets called too many times - the upshot is that modeling a high poly object with the AE open is significantly slower than doing the same thing with the AE closed. It’s worth checking to see if your hiccups are related to which UI elements are visible.

You are running the latest service pack for 2014, I think they are up to 3.

According to our IT we are running the latest service Pack, since we have Maya2014 “Extension”…which only seems to be on SP1.