For those of you still stuck using biped and copy-collections

I feel your pain… but I found an answer that didn’t exist anywhere else on the internet.

biped.pasteBipPosture <biped_ctrl> <ICP_MXBipedCopy> <bool_opposite> (#pstdefault |#pstcopied |#pstinterp) <bool_hor><bool_ver><bool_trn><bool_byvel> 
biped.pasteBipPose <biped_ctrl> <ICP_MXBipedCopy> <bool_opposite> (#pstdefault |#pstcopied |#pstinterp) <bool_hor> <bool_ver> <bool_trn> <bool_byvel>
biped.pasteBipTrack <biped_ctrl> <ICP_MXBipedCopy> <bool_opposite> <bool_hor> <bool_ver> <bool_trn> 

These three functions have caused much consternation, as nobody seems to know how to retrieve the ICP_MXBipedCopy from a saved copy collection. I figured it out.
It’s in the Max SDK. And the functions you use are completely undocumented in MaxScript help.

You can use the documented methods to retrieve the copy collection. After that,

<integer>numCopies <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track)
<ICP_MXBipedCopy>getCopy <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track) <index>
deleteCopy <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track) <index>
deleteAllCopies <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track)

are the methods you can use on a specific copy collection.

getCopy is going to be my new friend.

I hope this helps anyone still stuck in the same hell I am. Cheers!

I just signed into this forum to thank you and let you know this was a big saver for me.

Thanks!!

[QUOTE=seth.frolich;25139]I feel your pain… but I found an answer that didn’t exist anywhere else on the internet.

biped.pasteBipPosture <biped_ctrl> <ICP_MXBipedCopy> <bool_opposite> (#pstdefault |#pstcopied |#pstinterp) <bool_hor><bool_ver><bool_trn><bool_byvel> 
biped.pasteBipPose <biped_ctrl> <ICP_MXBipedCopy> <bool_opposite> (#pstdefault |#pstcopied |#pstinterp) <bool_hor> <bool_ver> <bool_trn> <bool_byvel>
biped.pasteBipTrack <biped_ctrl> <ICP_MXBipedCopy> <bool_opposite> <bool_hor> <bool_ver> <bool_trn> 

These three functions have caused much consternation, as nobody seems to know how to retrieve the ICP_MXBipedCopy from a saved copy collection. I figured it out.
It’s in the Max SDK. And the functions you use are completely undocumented in MaxScript help.

You can use the documented methods to retrieve the copy collection. After that,

<integer>numCopies <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track)
<ICP_MXBipedCopy>getCopy <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track) <index>
deleteCopy <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track) <index>
deleteAllCopies <copyCollection> (#pose|#posture|#track)

are the methods you can use on a specific copy collection.

getCopy is going to be my new friend.

I hope this helps anyone still stuck in the same hell I am. Cheers![/QUOTE]