Looking For a Hybrid Artist/Generalist/Technical Artist -details in thread

Hey all,

There’s not really an opening yet, but I wanted to kind of informally open a discussion with anyone who would be interested in coming on-board here at Ubisoft SF. This is going to sound rambling and a bit open-ended, but if this describes you, please get in touch. It’s both a very specific position…that’s kind of all over the place. Bear with me.

I’m looking for someone with a bit more of a generalist background – not necessarily a full-on TA/programmer-type person (as the role/job description has evolved over the years), but someone more along the lines of guys/gals who used to get roped into Technical Art – guys who do a little bit of everything (art! scripting! pipeline/workflow police! vfx! node graphs!) on the project.

Are you used being the jack-of-all trades on a small(ish) team? Are you into solving possibly obscure problems deep inside of weird assets + technology?

Do you understand every part of the art production pipeline? Are you comfortable writing Python/pyMel to help smooth out/automate production tasks?

This is one is very specific: Are you comfortable working with NURBs? Are you a Maya expert?

Do you have a solid Art background? If there’s a need for you to pitch in/help out with some 2D art, would you feel comfortable with that?

Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of what we can do with completely 2D gaming/rendering over the next couple of years?

Again, this is a very old-school, generalist TA kind of spot, on a deep, dark, top-secret long-term project, on a small team. This is a spot for an experienced, senior/veteran/experienced(technically-inclined) artist who literally does a bit of everything. Location’s not a deal-breaker, but you would need to relocate to San Francisco.

Please PM me if you’re interested or have any questions.

Thanks!