Quictime last frame bug

this thing is preventing me from making the playblast script that I wrote export a qt movie. what it does is basically copy the 2nd to the last frame and use it for the last frame of the movie. for example:

frames: 001-100

movie will be 100frames long but from 100 will be identical to frame 99. has anybody found a fix for this? the closest thing that i found on the net was a codec compatibility issue.

anybody have any lead?

[QUOTE=ricoMambo;25398]this thing is preventing me from making the playblast script that I wrote export a qt movie. what it does is basically copy the 2nd to the last frame and use it for the last frame of the movie. for example:

frames: 001-100

movie will be 100frames long but from 100 will be identical to frame 99. has anybody found a fix for this? the closest thing that i found on the net was a codec compatibility issue.

anybody have any lead?[/QUOTE]

This might be related to the codec you are using, which codec is it set to encode to? Also if you attach your script, someone might have a second to debug it.

Is this Maya 2015? There was a bug with h264 encoding from maya related to this that was apparently fixed in 2015
MAYA-23896 Playblast : Fixed a problem where QuickTime movies output on Windows are a frame short
http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/maya_2015_assets_checklist/Maya2015_Readme_enu.html

Thanks, that is it i think. that took a bloody long timeā€¦

shane: its not codec related. i hope that its as simple as that