Photoshop CC and HTML5

Has anyone been able to successfully launch an HTML5 UI within Photoshop CC 2014 (v15.2)

I have been using this as a guide:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/articles/a-short-guide-to-HTML5-extensions.html

and I’m hung up on this step:
On Windows, copy the extension into %APPDATA%\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4\extensions

Things I’ve tried:
That folder doesn’t exist on my workstation, creating it and placing my HTML/manifest there doesn’t help. Creating one called CEPServiceManager5 also doesn’t work. Tried about 3-4 other logical locations…no luck.

Tried installing another extension to see where it places files, but since our workstations have no internet connection (and extension manager cc calls home), I cannot do that. Trying to use their request workaround com es to another dead end.

Trying this:
http://aphall.com/2014/08/cep-mega-guide-en/

This worked!

Here’s the important bit, place the HTML5 markup here:
Win 32bit:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
Win 64bit:C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\

Is it just me or is it super weird that Photoshop 64bit looks in the x86 folder??

Edit: Has anybody had luck launching external exe files through javascript? I get an Uncaught ReferenceError: ActiveXObject is not defined. I’m guessing I’m not allowed to because of security reasons, but surely there must be a way?

We do it all the time, from photoshop you use

app.system(cmd)

, in aftereffects it’s

system.callSystem(cmd)

. I’ve never seen that error, are those the commands you’re using?

With CEP, you can also either use the CEP call or node.js.

window.cep.process.createProcess(process_path, process_args); 

with node,

try {
    node_exec = require("child_process").exec;
} catch(err) {
    console.log("didn't get exec");
    console.log(err);
}
launch_app = function(){
            node_exec(['"X:\\appdir\app.exe"'],
                {cwd: "X:\\appdir"},
                function (err, out, code) {
                    if (err instanceof Error)
                        throw err;
                    console.log(err);
                    console.log(out);
                    console.log(code);
                });
        };

[QUOTE=Optagon;26528]Is it just me or is it super weird that Photoshop 64bit looks in the x86 folder??

Edit: Has anybody had luck launching external exe files through javascript? I get an Uncaught ReferenceError: ActiveXObject is not defined. I’m guessing I’m not allowed to because of security reasons, but surely there must be a way?[/QUOTE]

1 Like