Creating Photoshop Pipeline

I’ve been trying to setup a pipeline for Photoshop CC, and I’ve run into a few problems. My goal is to have all scripts, plug-ins, or whatever live in perforce, so whenever our TA department updates a tool, everyone gets the update next time they sync. In Photoshop CS6, this could be achieved by having custom plugin folders that could simply point to a folder that is within the p4 depot, but this feature seems to have vanished in CC. Adobe Extension Manager seems like that is what Adobe wants to be the solution, but it doesn’t seem to have automatic updates (or even notifications!) of outdated scripts. Additionally, it doesn’t work with all of Adobe’s products.

I’m mainly curious what you guys have done in the past for creating a pipeline for Photoshop. Am I going about this the wrong way? Is there something I’m missing about Extension Manager. Is this just something we all deal with?

We’ve worked it out across most versions of Photoshop and after effects just by putting a symlink in the various plugins folders to a shared folder on the network (which is in turn a p4 workspace)

You can do this with extensions as well (but you need to have a registry key set on the workstation to run extensions that haven’t been packaged and signed)

Overall, deploying scripts to Adobe programs is a pain, but it’s gotten marginally better with the new CEP extensions in 2014

[QUOTE=cptincognito;25969]We’ve worked it out across most versions of Photoshop and after effects just by putting a symlink in the various plugins folders to a shared folder on the network (which is in turn a p4 workspace)

You can do this with extensions as well (but you need to have a registry key set on the workstation to run extensions that haven’t been packaged and signed)

Overall, deploying scripts to Adobe programs is a pain, but it’s gotten marginally better with the new CEP extensions in 2014[/QUOTE]

You confirmed my fears, but I guess it’s not too bad. I was hoping we wouldn’t have to prompt the user for a UAC check when placing the file there, but that isn’t the biggest deal. They click yes once, and we should never have to change it again. Thanks for your quick reply, even if mine wasn’t.

any luck getting Photoshop CC to work with Python Comtypes? I’m having trouble getting my javascript wrappers to work. they worked fine in Photoshop Cs5.1 :confused:

-R