[3DS Max] Free download- Rigging Toolkit

//youtu.be/iX7wpOUdBS8

VIDEO

DOWNLOAD LINK (Link is now active- download the attachment for the script files.)

I created this script for my masters project at Bournemouth Uni. The aim was to create a super useful modular auto-rigger which can be used to rig almost anything. I was originally aiming to spend a lot more time fixing this up, but I’ve had to divert my attention towards learning Maya so I can find a job. (It seems that even game companies in the UK all use Maya now…)

It’s not perfect- some of the rig modules are a little slow and choppy and there’s probably a mass of bugs which I haven’t discovered. I was very new to scripting when I started, so it’s difficult to build upon the script due to the poor structure of the code. One of the main problems is that the workflow is way too linear.

I’ve released it for free- hopefully someone might find some use for it. The code is also unencrypted, so people can fix any bugs themselves or build upon it (if they can make sense of the spaghetti code mess).

Big thanks to everyone here at techartists for their excellent rigging advice.

Have fun!

Congratulations on finishing your script, hopefully you can use some of the logic and methodologies to get you started with rigging in Maya!

-Harry

[QUOTE=hazmondo;25990]Congratulations on finishing your script, hopefully you can use some of the logic and methodologies to get you started with rigging in Maya!

-Harry[/QUOTE]

Thanks! After learning the ins and outs of Max, Maya actually seems pretty easy. The node manager makes things so much easier too. Really looking forward to working with it properly.