[Maya] atom and animation offsets

I wanted to do a sanity check about Atom in Maya. Have people actually implemented this format in your pipelines? Offsetting animation doesn’t seem to be supported. I can’t seem to find an option once I’ve saved out an animation clip to then apply it back to a different frame from where it was originally saved. Also, if you use the single frame option to save a file, it doesn’t seem to want to apply that single frame values onto a different single frame - it actually has saved out all keys and applies the whole range back in.

Is it one of those things that Autodesk just provided a way to do the basics but if you want something more elaborate you still have to code it yourself?

tried to implement that(ATOM) in our pipeline but ended up writing our own set of tools based on old school Maya know-how for reliability and stability.

I tried to use it once, hit so many issues, lack of HIK, giant file sizes, etc… that I found it faster to save an FBX or even just Export animation with other stuff. No saving out of static channels …on and on.

Now it does support constraints and layers and that is nice, it could be useful but it seems still like a half finished typical Maya feature that hasn’t gotten much attention since it was created.

and… xml? give me json/yaml any day. Half the file size right off the bat…