Zenimax Online: Sr. Technical Artist: Rigging & Animation

This opening is for the position I’ve held at ZOS for the past 6.5 years. You can see the cool stuff we’ve done here on the GDC Vault, from my talk at this year’s Technical Art Bootcamp. We have lots of new cool stuff in the works too.

Follow the link for information on how to apply. PM me if you have any questions.

http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/829

Senior Technical Artist: Rigging & Animation

Zenimax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to specialize in Rigging & Animation. You will be charged with developing high performance animation rigs, supporting the interests of the animation team, collaborating with the rest of the Technical Art team to build great systems that work together, and generally enjoying the experience of working on a live product. If this is you, please keep reading.

Requirements:

[ul]
[li] 5+ years industry experience character rigging (Maya, Houdini, Max, Modo, etc.)
[/li][li] Strong understanding of anatomy and kinematics.
[/li][li] Strong understanding of Python, C# or another object oriented scripting language.
[/li][li] Strong understanding of animation pipelines in general.
[/li][li] Interest in developing highly procedural rigging solutions.
[/li][li] Work collaboratively with technical and creative team members.
[/li][li] Excellent communication skills.
[/li][li] Ability to adapt and respond to changing needs throughout the course of the development cycle.
[/li][li] Interest in working outside of characters/animation: not all work will be rigging.
[/li][li] Must be self-sufficient and have strong time management skills.
[/li][li] Must have strong communication skills.
[/li][li] Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
[/li][li] Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
[/li][/ul]
Bonus Experience:

[ul]
[li] C++
[/li][li] Perforce
[/li][li] PyQt or PySide
[/li][li] MMO experience a plus.
[/li][li] Understanding of low level game data pipelines.
[/li][li] Experience with special effects and shaders.
[/li][li] General interest in contemporary CGI techniques.
[/li][li]
[/li][/ul]
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.