VFX Demo Reel, looking for critique and feedback!

Hi everyone on Tech Artists, my name is Travis and I’m working to be a real time vfx artist in the game industry. I recently put together my latest effects together and would love any critique on my demo reel. Any feedback on it’s composition, order of effects, and the effects themselves would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time if you stopped by and gave this a look.

• Travis

Hi there,

I’m afraid I can’t see it.
It appears as private. :slight_smile:

cheers!

Wow, can’t believe I had it set to Private… should be fixed now though. Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone :frowning:

i like it, i would say the last bit was the best, maybe that goes first? Also, i would argue against sound/music. unless the sound effects are made specifically for the fx themselves, dont bother. everyone i have ever talked to about reel music has always muted it immediately.

Some hard work, and great results. I liked the last 3d scene the best, I respect environments the most, good crafty techniques to cut the workload down when doing really expansive stuff is required.

Being harsh - Looks a little dated, Doom 4 and shocking peoples nervous systems with mind blowing effects is the norm these days for me. But I wonder about the moral aspect, of where all this video media programming ends us all at…