[PTVS][Maya][3ds max] Intellisense stops working after a while/other PTVS issues

Hi all:

I remember seeing that there were a couple of people on here who were working with PTVS (Python Tools for Visual Studio) day to day, so I thought I’d ask here since I’ve been trying to have a go with it for the past couple days and gotten absolutely nowhere due to having to deal with some roadblocks:

For all apps: I can’t seem to get the Intellisense working right. I’ve used the same steps as detailed here: http://josbalcaen.com/maya-python-visual-studio-2013/ (which is roughly similar to what I do in PyCharm anyway), but while initially I’ll be able to view the Intellisense data, after working for, say, a few minutes (or even just opening a separate Python script within the same project), everything breaks and trying to goto definition for any symbol just results in <unknown type>, and when I try doing anything like typing mc.connectAttr, I get <no completions> showing up. Even builtins like sys, os also lose intellisense abilities as well. This is affecting me for anything I’m working in, whether 3ds max, Maya, MoBu, whether I’m using just search paths or a virtualenv either. And I can reproduce this on both my home/work machines as well.

I’ve tried setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\PythonTools\Options\Advanced\CrossModuleAnalysisLimit=10000 to try and resolve this issue as detailed here, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect. I feel like I’m having to jump through more hoops than most people are to get their PTVS working with Maya, though, so I feel like there’s something I’m missing here?

Some screenshots of the problem (When I can import pymel.core as pm fine, even then it still misses things like pm.xform, pm.translate methods etc. And I can’t do things like import maya.mel as mel, completely fails):

For 3ds max:
Been trying to get debugging working with 3ds max, but while I can get it to work on one machine at home, I can’t seem to get it to work on my workplace rig. Both of them are using the same VS project, same virtualenv, same VS/3ds max builds, same settings/extensions.

I also posted this on the PTVS issues list:

Additionally, is there a way to enable auto-brace completion/auto-inserting suggested member names in PTVS? (i.e. if I type class Foo and a ‘(’, it should auto fill in with the closing parentheses and ‘object’ as well)

Thanks!