PySide resources

I´ve been wanting to get into PyQt for some time now but have been held back for various reasons (job, IRL and the fact that the user need to install Qt in order to run your stuff).
Either way, today I took a look at PySide which I know many TA´s have talked nicely about. I´ve glanced at the Autodesk docs (here) and also gone through Zurbrigg´s tutorials (here)

Some questions:
-Is PySide really bundled with Maya? In the official docs there is that red tag at the top saying it´s for extension only (and Maya version 2014 and later), but I tried importing some PySide module on my colleague´s computer and it appears to be working (she is running Maya 2015 SP5 - but without the extension pack).
-What resources would you recommend for someone getting started with PySide?

pyside is indeed included with maya, I use the official qt docs, you have to do some C++ > Python translation, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not too bad.

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qtgui-module.html

Pyside docs: http://srinikom.github.io/pyside-docs/modules.html

Thanks.
Could you recommend some tutorials as well?
Zurbrigg´s had a nice intro and maybe what I learned there is enough, but I have a sense that PySide really cant be this simple?!

compared to maya’s MEL-based GUI commands, Pyside is much easier. however, things start getting crazy when you get into model/view programming, delegates, widget-mappers, etc… that is where Qt starts to get complicated.

Both of these were written by members of this forum:

Nathan Horne’s Guide to PySide in Maya

Some great info on the Qt model/view paradigm in the context of PyQt

I actually got started away from Maya with PySide which i really recommend if you are looking into diving out into different applications. I started off using the Pyside GUI Dev Book and it was really really helpful. To be honest I had never touched PyQt at all, I wanted to but when alot of files were missing i just brushed it off and done some PyMel windows.

You will enjoy the book and find coding in maya get more fun and entertaining with pyside