Siggraph 2015 Anyone?

Hey there,

Curious if anyone in the TAO community is planning to attend Siggraph in LA this August.
Testing interest for scheduling a Tech Artist Birds of a Feather gathering.

Thanks

EDIT: BoF Confirmed
Birds of a Feather Session Title: Tech Artist Meet-Up
Date: Wednesday August 12
Time: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Room Name: Room 504

I probably won’t be at the conference, but I live in the area and I’d go to an event.

I hope I can make it. Still waiting for confirmation :slight_smile:

I’ll be out there.

Ok, that’s ~4 and counting.

Wait, so can anyone go to a Birds of a Feather, even without any kind of pass?

Without any pass, no. Although, it depends on the venue and level of enforcement (minimal if at all in my experience). That said, the section below is an excerpt from the BoF FAQ. The cheapest registration badge will comply.

Birds of a Feather events must be:

[ul]
[li]Free of charge
[/li]> [li]Related to computer graphics or interactive techniques
[/li]> [li]Open to all registered SIGGRAPH 2015 attendees
[/li]> [li]Non-commercial in nature (topics specific to one commercial product or company are not allowed).
[/li]> [/ul]

I will be there :slight_smile:

I’ll be there.

Ok great - keep 'em coming.

BoF has been confirmed, although it does not appear in the online list yet.
Looking forward to meeting all who can make it.

Birds of a Feather Session Title: Tech Artist Meet-Up
Date: Wednesday August 12
Time: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Room Name: Room 504

I’ll be there !!

Not to hijack the thread, but I’m curious about if there are any people who just live in LA, but not planning on going to Siggraph. Along with the BOF, we could get together at a bar or something one of the lighter nights along the lines of what happened last year in Vancouver.

I have been inviting more people from the VFX facebook group and some more people I knew that were coming. So hopefully we have quite some people coming :slight_smile:

oh and I will be on stage for a bit:
http://s2015.siggraph.org/attendees/talks/sessions/labs-rd-rendering-techniques-deus-ex-mankind-divided-and-rise-tomb-raider

[QUOTE=Nysuatro;28263]I have been inviting more people from the VFX facebook group and some more people I knew that were coming. So hopefully we have quite some people coming :slight_smile:

oh and I will be on stage for a bit:
http://s2015.siggraph.org/attendees/talks/sessions/labs-rd-rendering-techniques-deus-ex-mankind-divided-and-rise-tomb-raider[/QUOTE]

Thank you - much appreciated. The more the merrier.

Really great idea! Thanks for putting this together! I’ll plan on being at the BoF, and will let any other TAs I hear of going to SIGGRAPH know as well. :):

No problem, my pleasure.
Spreading the word is much appreciated

What BoF is the meet up?

its the tech artists one, i think its on weds or thurs

I’d love to go, but I don’t have a SIGGRAPH pass. If you all decide to meet up somewhere afterwards let me know, my phone number’s (248) 508-8494.

Ah i see it, thanks!