Maya mental ray "ghost" pixels?

I’m having problems with rendering transparency in mental ray in maya. The problem I’m having is that while the transparency renders out, I have these “ghost” highlight pixels on the transparency of the skirt. I’ve played with so many things in mental ray and maya and have not been able to get rid of it.
Some of the things i’ve played with and toggled to no avail are:
-adjust lighting/turning lights off, still the same
-premultiplied checkbox
-camera background color (did help a lot)
-changing sampling mode under quality in mental ray

Just some of the things I’ve played with, but I’ve played with it so much without it changing much that I’m not sure what else I tinkered with.

The shader used is a blinn

Does anyone know what could the problem be and how to solve it? Thanks for any input.

looks like the transparent areas are still affected by reflections/specularity.

It does look like it is being affected by specularity and reflections, but I’ve played around with the Specular Shading in blinn as well as played switching out the type to lambert/phong and i still i haven’t had anything change.

Now I obviously might have missed something cause I’ve been constantly changing all the settings and I’m willing to take any suggestions.

It only happens to fragments that are not facing the camera. That seems like the type of thing that is related spec, reflections, or possibly glow?

you just need to clip the transparent pixels so they dont reflect. By default, Alpha doesn’t extend to reflections, like if you had a glass bottle with a label on it. The alpha Channel would control the opacity of the label versus glass, but the reflections would still be visible.