Intel® Texture Works Plugin Beta Is Now Open!

Hey there,

Please move this post to the appropriate forum if I’ve picked the wrong one.

I’ve already spoken to a few of you about this earlier at GDC and Siggraph on how Intel can better enable game artists. This is an update to you and the rest that I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting.

Our texture compression plugin is finally ready for beta testing under its new official name, Intel® Texture Works plugin for Photoshop.

General information on the plugin can be found here:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-compression-plugin-for-photoshop

In this stage we are graciously seeking your time to test and provide feedback on the first version of the plugin in order to make sure everything works as it should, and gets better where it needs to. With your help it should become a very useful tool for us all.

You can access the plugin beta from its GitHub repository here:
http://gametechdev.github.io/ITW-Beta-Test/

Please use the GitHub Issue tracking/labeling system to log your bugs, enhancement (requests), and feedback (general impressions appreciated). Labels really help here - please use them.

Thank you

Jeffery A. Williams
Visual Computing Engineering
Software Services Group
Intel Corporation
@jawilli312

Just curious, how many from TAO actually downloaded the plugin?
GitHub does not report that data.

Thanks

jaw

i starred it so i can grab it tomorrow and see how it goes

[QUOTE=xfx;29086]Please move this post to the appropriate forum if I’ve picked the wrong one.[/QUOTE] You got the right place :wink:

I’ve got a copy and i’ll be checking it out over the next couple of days.

Thanks Jeffery

I bookmarked the page, I intend to download it, we are still using that old NVidia Photoshop Plugin…

We downloaded it at work… like a lot of people have mentioned the NVIDIA plugin has awful UX (and for pipeline use it’s very script-unfriendly).

FWIW our pipeline uses uncompressed DDS as an intermediate format but the guy who tested it for me claims that ‘uncompressed’ files coming from the plugin isn’t being processed correctly - I haven’t debugged it myself yet but it would be good to make sure that exporting a minimal uncompressed DDS that’s compatible with older DX’s as a baseline works

I really like the mips-as-layers view - much easier to manage than the NVidia cube layout - but it’s very hard to work with in files with alpha.

Thanks Theo,

When/If you get a chance, please post this and elaborate on the difficulty at the GitHub Issues Page. We’re trying to consolidate all input there.