[Maya/PhoenixFD] - Blending shaders with temperature channel?

I’m trying to blend two shaders with a temperature channel in Phoenix FD and I have no idea wtf I am doing. Looking for any help/assistance. I’ve posted this in Choasgroup forums already, but I didn’t really understand the answer given (posted below).

Question: How to utilize the temperature channel in a PhoenixFD simulation to blend two Vray materials together? The type of fluid is a liquid rendered as a mesh (no volumetrics).

Answer given on the Chaosgroup forums-

[I]"Hey,

You need the PhoenixTex as a source to a VRayBlendMtl. The thing that may obstruct you is to get the temperature from the Phoenix texture in 0-1 range, so you can use it as a blend material. With a default setup the temperature ranges from 300-2000, but you can also use the Preview min-max to check your actual ranges. You need to subtract and divide the Phoenix TexMap values by certain coefficients, e.g. for 300-2000 you need to subtract 300 and divide by 1700 and you will be in 0-1 range.

Cheers!"[/I]

I understand what he is saying. The values need to be between 0-1 to control the blend amount… I however have no clue what output attributes from the PhoenixFDSimulator to apply the math to. Furthermore, after applying the math to these values, how does this help me with the mapping of the blend amount material? My end result, I imagine, would be at best changing floats…? I don’t get it.

Any input here would be very much appreciated. Even pointing to reading material on the topic. I can’t find jack in the documentation.

Below is the preview of the voxel temp clearly showing the the variation I want to drive the blend amount-

Thank you.