Recommended Books for Games/films tools development?

I’m lately diving into python design patterns to improve and also with PyQt programming which i find really usefull because i 'm getting some interesting ideas and identifying possible uses of patterns.

But i feel i lack a bit of the UX/UI design of the tools, also i’m open to hear any other good books you guys have found good enough to help.

I’m interested in beginners as well as more advanced topics, mostly python and C++.

Most of the stuff in my post is aimed at mid to advanced developers though:

Here’s some books from my Library:

Hartson: “The UX Book” - this basically marries software engineering with UX engineering and usability research; don’t expect this to be a Photoshop book though.
Ben Carter: “Game Asset Pipeline” is a bit outdated, by the non-functional requirements he identifies for pipelines still hold up!
Dunlop et al. “Pipeline Fundamentals for Game and Film” this one is essential
Mechtley and Trowbridge “Maya Python”
Rob Galanakis’ Maya book “Practical Maya Programming with Python” - do more crazy stuff with Python, especially with pyMEL
Gould “Complete Maya Programming” - a bit outdated, but I found the part of Maya’s internal workings, e.g. how the dependency graph evaluates and how it relates to the acyclic graph quite interesting. A good read if you’re not familiar with Maya’s internal workings.

On top I would add some reading on software engineering to cover the topics of Software Architecture and good Code. “Clean Code” and “The Pragmatic Programmer” are good starts. You don’t need to be a full blown Software Engineer, but knowing about the topics is incredibly inspirational and really makes you think about your code and how you organize it into logical units which are robust and maintainable… assuming you plan on reusing and refining code over time (which you should!)

Want to dig even deeper? (mostly useful if you have a team or work on bigger projects - probably not that useful on quick throw-away script jobs) read up on testing strategies(unit testing, component testing, acceptance testing, etc). Or even learn about TDD. Learn about the Software-Development-Lifecycle (SDLC) and planning approaches. Learn how to work with clients (I.e. the people who will be using your script) and how to manage their expectations (yes, someone will complain!). Read the Scrum guide (the real one by Sutherland and Schwaber) for some great ideas how you can make your work more organized and iterative and keep regular release cycles.

For tools and pipeline architecture the IEEE and ACM have some papers. They mostly cover film pipelines though. Still interesting to see what they use for production.

Gould, Galanakis, Dunlop i have them. Will have a check on Hartson.

What about https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/148224019X?ref_=pd_ecc_rvi_1 ?

And a good introductory book for python concurrent programming?

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/148…_=pd_ecc_rvi_1 now that’s quite a specialized topic, curious that someone writes a book about it. This talk might give a hint what to expect in the book: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1019273/The-User-Experience-of-Game