Pipeline technical artists - Undead Labs (Seattle, WA)

We’re looking for a TA who specializes in keeping people productive – providing tools that help artists work faster and making sure that the data we need gets from the artists into the game in the cleanest, quickest and most reliable ways.

The core of the job will be driving our Maya Python toolkit, ensuring that the artists have fast, reliable and uncomplicated ways to get their work into the game. This includes writing tools, tending to exporters, and working closely with the engineering team to find the right way to get graphical and game data into the game. This job requires good coding skills, but the ability to help our artists with advice, timely bug fixes, and feature education is also critical.

Candidate profile

Our motto is “we’re all adults here.” We value candidates who don’t need to be micromanaged. We’re an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. This particular position puts a premium on production savvy – the ideal candidate will be wise in the ways of game production, able to spot potential problems before they get in the way and providing the insight to help a small, agile team compete with AAA behemoths.

Requirements
[ul]
[li]Significant industry experience, including at least one shipped title (no students or recent grads, please)[/li][li]Production smarts: the ability to identify efficient and reliable ways of making contents[/li][li]Good Python programming skills, including the ability to work with classes and maintaining a big, modern codebase[/li][/ul]

Bonus Points
[ul]
[li]Unreal 4 experience[/li][li]Ability to work in C++ (Maya API and/or Unreal 4)[/li][/ul]

About Undead Labs

Undead Labs is an independent game developer located in Seattle, WA. We’re the developers of the Xbox Live hit State of Decay, which has sold several million units. We’re focused on smart development and tech art is a key pillar of our way of making games.

contact me via pm or email steve(at)undeadlabs.com for more information

now you have an opening :frowning:

I thought you were spousally tied to CA?

We are seeking a graphics-oriented technical artist with expertise in shaders and lighting techniques. We’re looking for somebody to help us create high-quality graphics in the Unreal Engine, particularly somebody who can help us balance out the needs of realism with the tight performance constraints of an open world game.

In addition to making shaders, the ideal candidate will be able to work closely with our artists to help them get the most of out of the engine and it’s options, to educate and evangelize for cool new techniques. An important part of the job will be riding herd on memory and GPU budgets, making sure that all the pretty stuff still runs smoothly on an Xbox, so good instincts for finding the right trade-offs between memory, GPU and CPU are essential.

Candidate profile

Our motto is “we’re all adults here.” We value candidates who don’t need to be micromanaged. We’re an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. This particular position puts a premium on good math skills and the ability to make smart, efficient choices to balance graphical quality, performance, and resources.

Requirements

Significant industry experience, including at least one shipped title (no students or recent grads, please)
Experience with GPU performance management
Solid knowledge of computer graphics fundamentals

Bonus Points

Unreal 4 experience
Maya Python skills

About Undead Labs

Undead Labs is an independent game developer located in Seattle, WA. We’re the developers of the Xbox Live hit State of Decay, which has sold several million units. We’re focused on smart development and tech art is a key pillar of our way of making games.

oh we love CA, but i was looking for a better studio while up there and kept checking undead.

Should have talked to me at the TA Dinner!

I would apply because I like your company and you guys just hired one of our great programmers Jorgen, but I don’t think my Python skills are ready yet. I just finished Maya Python for Games and Film and now I need to find my next book or lesson.

We are debating a contract position for a more junior person in addition to the above. If you’re interested email me or we can set up a pm chat via slack