Question: Best Books: Videos or tutorials about Rigging

My questions about rigging, I’ve always struggled grasping it properly so i really wanna know the best current methods for rigging and skinning to/for animating, Paticularly for characters/ bipeds and facial rigs but i’d like to know anything you all think is good about creatures and good quadriped limb topology too.

what I really wanna know is what’s the best book/s, tutorials etc. that I can get to get better at the practice and understand it’s in’s and out’s better than I do currently. I know there’s a bunch out there but it’s unclear what’s still good/ relevant rigging and what the best methods of practice are.

I use 3DS max but i’d be willing to try maya, i’ve not used maya much but I have heard it’s preffered by a fair amount of people for this.

anything good and solid I can be pointed towards would be appreciated.

Games or film? because best practices vary by platform.

For Games.

Rigging Dojo is really hard to beat. Brad’s and the guys are rad dudes who are all about education and personal development. If you’ve got the attitude and the desire to learn, the sky’s the limit. They’ve always had mentored classes, but now they’re releasing some on demand tutorials that look super awesome. I took Rigging 101 with them back when I was first starting out. They cover the fundamentals of a very technical craft in a very friendly and approachable way. I still refer back to my notes occasionally just to refresh myself.

If you’re looking for something in book form, Body Language is pretty great. I also read that a while back and enjoyed the experience, even if it was a little dated.

My colleague Sean Hewitt has some gems