Installing Python packages for use within Maya

I’m pretty familiar with scripting in Python, however working with files and using modules/packages is something I’ve never done before. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can install for example selenium so that it works within Maya? I’ve tried pip install, but that only seemed to work with the Python interpreter in Windows, didn’t work in Maya :tear:

I’ve searched google, and some people say “do this”, then someone else says “no you shouldn’t do it that way, bla bla bla”, so I just get confused. A step by step on this would be greatly appreciated! :?:

Ok so first, maya has its own version of python 2.7, so if the module you want has compiled C bindings, you’ll need to build against mayas python.

If not, you have a couple options:

In general if something works from pip in a standard windows installation, but not in maya, the odds are really good that you’ll need to recompile. Sometimes this is really easy, other times it’s a huge pain. Never worked with selenium so no clue which side of the fence that falls on.

Awesome, thanks guys :smiley: The TechArt link was great :slight_smile: