Combing multiple shape nodes into one in polygon

I have this object(s) scene that I got it from google earth in which it comes with its textures too.

However, I noticed that within all these polygon objects that I have, it has several shape nodes within them and each are assigned to different textures despite they are ‘grouped’ under one node…

Right now I am trying to combine all these shape nodes into 1 shape node with hopes of retaining their texture too but I am already stumped at combining them.

I have 2 methods in mind - 1. combine all shapes nodes into one shape node, or 2. execute the script in some way and have each of these shape node becomes into an entire new polygon…

Personally, I feel that the first method may work best but when I tried using ‘parent -r -s’ but it does not seems to work, possibly only for cv curves?

Any other ideas for me? Please see screenshot for example

First, what happens when you use ‘parent -r -s’? What do you mean it doesn’t seem to work? Does it do nothing? Do you lose your texture info? Any errors or warnings?

To answer your one question, shape parenting works on any shape node, not just cv curves.