PyQt - QDialogButtonBox signals and tool tip

I got a couple of questions regarding qDialogButtonBox. While my code still works, I believed that there are a few parts that can be better refined/ I am not finding much info online

class testDialog(QtGui.QDialog):
    def __init_(self, parent=None):
        self.init_ui()
        self.signals_connection()

def init_ui(self):
        self.buttonBox = QtGui.QDialogButtonBox()
        self.buttonBox.addButton("Help", QtGui.QDialogButtonBox.HelpRole)
        self.buttonBox.addButton("Apply", QtGui.QDialogButtonBox.AcceptRole)
        self.buttonBox.addButton("Cancel", QtGui.QDialogButtonBox.RejectRole)
        #

def signals_connection(self):
        self.test_random.clicked.connect(self.test_rand)

# Is this the latest/correct way to write it?
        self.buttonBox.accepted.connect(self.test_apply)
        self.buttonBox.rejected.connect(self.test_cancel)
        self.buttonBox.helpRequested.connect(self.test_help)

def test_apply(self):
        print "I am clicking on Apply"

def test_cancel(self):
        print "I am clicking on Cancel"
        self.close()

def test_help(self):
        print "I am clicking for Help!"

My questions are as follows:

[ol]
[li]Under my function - signals_connection(), the lines that I wrote for the buttonBox (though the code still works) are quite different for the signal I have wrote for the self.test_random and I am unable to find any similar online for the qdialogbuttonbox… There is another style that I have found - self.connect(self.buttonBox, QtCore.SIGNAL(“accepted()”), self, QtCore.SLOT(“accept()”)) but I think that is the old style?? Otherwise what should be the right way to write it?
[/li]
[li]In my test_cancel() function, is writing self.close() the best way to close the application? The way that I run my program is as follows:
[/li]

dialog = testDialog();dialog.show()

[li]Lastly, is it possible to add 3 different tool tips to the 3 buttons I have created? I saw that there is a command for it - self.buttonBox.setToolTip(“Buttons for life!”), but this will results in all 3 buttons to have the same tool tip. Can I make it as individual?
[/li][/ol]

[ol]
[li]I don’t really understand the question. The signal connections look similar to me. The style looks correct.
[/li][li]Using “self.close()” will work, though I recommend “self.reject()”. That way, whatever code invoked the dialog can get a return code if so desired.
[/li][li]Not 100% sure on this one. Perhaps you could try something like the following. (I haven’t tried it, so I’m not sure if this works.):[/li]```
self.buttonBox.button(QtGui.QDialogButtonBox.HelpRole).setToolTip(‘I am a help tooltip!’)

[/ol]

Hey there, I actually have found a way to get around my issues.

To my point 1, I am trying to see and check if the connections I have written is the correct way of doing it.
And as for the tool tip, I have managed to find a way to do it too which is by checking the text of each button, for example :

if button.text() == 'Help':
    # do this
if button.text() == 'Cancel':
    # do that

So far this seems to be one of the way to set different tool tips unless you have other methods of doing so?