[Maya][Python] Tools Question -> 3D pipeline example tools

Hi!
I want to learn more python and do some side projects at home.
So, I was wondering If anyone could tell me, apart form an asset manager, the most common tool for a 3D pipeline for games.
Or some useful tool I could write.

So, I would be very grateful is some of you guys could point me some examples of tools I could write.

Thank you so much in advice :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Well the base pipeline when you work as TechArt in a 3D team is :
1 - Set Project interface to keep project clean and relative path for texture, etc…
2 - Export tool (one click export to game project) (static mesh, skeleton, animation, etc…)

After it is more about team request & need… depending of projects, etc…

A great starter project is a window which runs a series of scene checks (things like “no degenerate faces” or “all objects have an assigned material”). Besides learning how to do the actual checks in Python you can learn a good deal about how to organize the code and make it modular – you’d like to be able to add to the list of checks and run them without re-writing the whole thing… There was a discussion thread on the tech-artists.slack.com a week ago or so, it has probably not scrolled off yet.

If you’re not in the slack channel itself (you should join, its great).
http://tech-artists.slackarchive.io/maya/-/1483112053.000475/1484193412.000799/

The topic was on the 6th, so you’ll have to scroll down. Also the archive is annoying because it is in reverse. Haven’t really figured out a good way around that problem yet.