Suggestions on a Auto UV scale adjustment?

Hey guys, I am currently making a tool to help map out UV’s (Automating the scaling of the UV by the size of the poly mesh) I am currently editing the scale with ‘polyEditUV()’ and I am returning the area of a mesh from Maya, What I am requesting suggestions is how should I go about preforming this?

My current idea is to have a global field that the Artist will set at the beginning of the project that will be set to an object in the scene (This will give me the scale with the proper UV), however big that object is will be used as a comparison (Global scale) to the size of all other objects. [Example: They set a rock with an 1x1x1 in the scene to be a 1x1 UV, then a rock that’s 2x2x2 will be 3x3 UV face “I’ll just average the XYZ”]

Edit: I should also say artists are using multiple textures in one material.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Maybe you just want to drive this off an ideal texels-per-meter value? You’ll never get that exact density everywhere, but it will give you a consistent target to shoot for and compare against

Yeah, I ended up just grabbing a tool, No point in reinventing the wheel. https://www.highend3d.com/maya/script/uvdeluxe-for-maya#dialog_license

Thanks for your help!