Thread: Shelf no loading correctly in Maya 2016

Hybrid View

variable

Default Shelf no loading correctly in Maya 2016

Hey guys, I know this is not a support website but I am having an issue with loading shelf icons (Scripts) onto a few artists Maya shelves. I am placing the Shelf.mel in their 'C:\Users\Artist\Documents\maya\2016\prefs\shelves ' and the shelf itself loads into Maya, but it's not creating the icons, and I am able to call the commands from the script editor so I know it's not an issue with the code.

Has anyone experienced this? or have any idea of what I should do? I have already deleted their userPrefs.mel and tried a few other things to no luck. It's also happening on random machines, with the exact same systems. They can't even create and save their own shelves.

Technical Artist

i have seen this before, i will need to bang my head against the wall for a bit to remember what caused it...

i vaguely remember that I had phantom shelves saved into my userPrefs.mel file, I scrubbed through the optionVars for each shelf and verified they were correct.
    I also vaguely remember the XGen shelf was involved somehow, either as part of the problem or exhibiting symptoms.
    Last edited by rgkovach123; 03-20-2017 at 09:10 PM.

variable

Quote Originally Posted by rgkovach123 View Post
    i have seen this before, i will need to bang my head against the wall for a bit to remember what caused it...

i vaguely remember that I had phantom shelves saved into my userPrefs.mel file, I scrubbed through the optionVars for each shelf and verified they were correct.
    I also vaguely remember the XGen shelf was involved somehow, either as part of the problem or exhibiting symptoms.
    Deleting the XGEN worked!!!! THANK YOU!!!!1
    Last edited by i73; 03-20-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Technical Artist

yay! now i need to make a note just in case it happens again...

while loop

Yeah, the XGen shelf seem to be generated weirdly, it's caused all kind of weird phantom issues for me in the past.

while loop

I found that if I iterated through all the active shelves before making any changes to the shelves themselves, that I could avoid it's weirdness.