GDC 2010 - Accommodation advice

Hi all, GDC is around the corner and I need to get myself sorted. I’ve checked the website and there are a number of hotels listed,
can anyone recommend one or is there a hotel where most TA’s will be hanging out in?

Cheers,

~B)

I’ve stayed at the first 2:

Pricey, awesome, locale:

Palomar Hotel
12 Fourth St.
(1 block from Moscone Center)
$249

Not too far. Reasonable price:

Handlery Union Square
351 Geary St.
(4 blocks from Moscone Center)
$159

I’m going cheap this year, but still close:

Mosser Hotel
54 4th St.
(1 block from Moscone Center)
$149

I’ve stayed at two different Joie de Vivre hotels in SF for GDC and they’ve both been really nice.

Galleria Park

Nice union square location, has a nice roof garden if you’re a smoker.

Carlton

Nothing wrong with the location though you might have to take a small trip around the slightly shady tenderloin district to get to the Moscone.

The Year I ended up going we stayed over at the Westin St. Francis. It is super nice and right over on union square about 4mins away from the moscone center. Of course it is a bit pricey for the room rate.

This year I’ll be over at Hotel Stratford on union square as well. They had very good prices for 2 double beds so its great to split the room with someone.

I would recommend locking your room in because there filling up fast. Here is a map I made in google with a couple of the more cheaper hotels pretty close to the center.

GDC Hotel Map

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.