Are you an Animation Supervisor?
Luma is a leading visual effects studio that has worked on tons of blockbuster films like Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Prometheus as well as Academy Award-winning films including Crash, True Grit and No Country for Old Men. We are a crew of talented artists that hail from all over the world, who are passionate about creating mind blowing work. On top of that, we are a cool company, with cool people, cool offices, and we do cool things. Can't beat that!
If you're down to become part of a growing family, we'd love to hear from you.
- Contribute strategies for Animation process
- Manage a production team of animators within established timeframes
- Assign tasks, tutor, and provide creative and technical coaching of team members
- Supervise and review the work of team members
- Help set the animation quality bar for the studio and each project
- Work closely with the rigging/character modeling teams to maximize our animation and character performance potential
- An accomplished CV with CG animating with at least 7 years of animation experience
- A minimum of 5+ years VFX post-production experience - this must be recent
- Solid previous experience as a supervisor and most recently an Animation Supervisor on previous major projects
- A creative eye and aesthetic judgement with a deep understanding of composition, cinematic design and animation timing
- A vast understanding of anatomy, rigging, CG lighting, rendering, compositing
- An eye for CG and FX work
- Strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Solid time-management skills and ability to multitask
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills: authoritative but approachable
- Proactive with inferring and communication priorities from available information
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya and NukeProven team leader with strong motivational qualities
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Must be willing and able to relocate if necessary
- Location, location, location - 1 block from the beach
- Full healthcare benefits
- Paid sick days (cough!)
- Ping pong & arcade machine
- Multiple studio doggies
- A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
- Mates, not colleagues
If this looks like you, please apply here: http://www.lumapictures.com/job-detail/?job_id=3316e85d-b302-4d82-8749-aaee9b68df63