Anyone moving to maya 2015?

Since the Perforce Python API is supported by Perforce themselves, I don’t see a ton of value in reimplementing it. There may be a few folks out there who need to run in a more vanilla environment, but it hasn’t been an issue for us to use the .pyd.

we have switched over to 2016. a few minor bugs encountered so far, but so far nothing that throws a wrench into our pipeline.

A good high-quality p4API replacement would be nice to have, I’ve done a few half assed ones over the years, but there is a lot of room for improvement to the public face of the API: p4Python is very close to the C API so everybody ends up writing their own wrapper on top of it… or writing hundreds of try-catch, if-then routines to handle the fact that it does stupid things like “Ask me a question about 1 file and get back three answers which don’t even have the same fields in them”. Plus, the annual song and dance about getting the binaries updated has gotten very old. I’ve never put it under a profiler but I have a hard time believing that Python is the slow part of a P4 transaction.

Open Source community project opportunity! You can put it up on the techartmafia github if you want to get people involved.

ok i’ll plug away a little more. I has most(all) of the functionality we would typically use, but not at the completeness of the p4api. I’ll push to my github tonight.

Nope? Nobody compiled for 2016?

So I compiled up the latest version of P4Python with OpenSSL-1.0.2c, this should work with both Maya2015 and Maya2016, I built a whl, egg, and zip file.
Located here.

Not sure how great OneDrive is for sharing this kind of thing, so if it breaks let me know and I’ll be less lazy and find a better place to stash these.

Dude, thank you, thank you. I’ll use these until I migrate over to TheMaxx’s python-perforce package.