Compiling Vertex Chameleon for Maya 2015

I think the plugin location is the problem. Either move the .mll file from “plug-ins/2016” to “plug-ins”, or update MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH to point to the “plug-ins/2016” folder.

YES!!! :D:
Thanks!
Works!

Now another problem:
VertexChameleon works as usual (deleted “-borderStyle” in all scripts, changed “polygons” into “modeling”),
but only with 2 colors.
At first, only blue and magenta.
Then I deinstalled and did all again, in case I accidentally changed a script.
Now, it is just green and yellow.

I can apply all colors as usual via the maya paint vertex color tool.
Only chameleon would deal with two!
:?:

Hi there, sorry for the necro, but I’ve been trying to build for Maya 2018 for the first time and not been having any success. I finally managed to get the .mll to compile, but Maya throws all sorts of errors. Anyone still working on building this?

Warning: "C:/Program Files (x86)/RenderHeads/VertexChameleon 1.0/scripts/RH_VCP_Apply_Gradient.mel" line 366.57 : Redeclaration of variable "$col" shadows previous declaration at line 363. Previous value will be overwritten by explicit initializer. // 
// Warning: 	string $cmd = "";
 // 
// Warning: "C:/Program Files (x86)/RenderHeads/VertexChameleon 1.0/scripts/RH_VCP_Layers.mel" line 683.18 : Redeclaration of variable "$cmd" shadows previous declaration at line 663. Previous value will be overwritten by explicit initializer. // 
// Error:  // 
// Error: Line 0.25: Cannot find file "VCPBase.res.mel" for source statement. // 
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/uiRes.mel line 107: displayString identifier "m_VCPBase.kMayaVersionNotSupported" does not exist. // 
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files (x86)/RenderHeads/VertexChameleon 1.0/scripts/RH_VCP_Base.mel line 39: Error: string not found: m_VCPBase.kMayaVersionNotSupported // 
// Error: file: C:/Program Files (x86)/RenderHeads/VertexChameleon 1.0/scripts/RH_VCP_Base.mel line 117: Missing //

Have you ever figured it out? I’m currently trying to get it to work with 2018 also. I actually can open Vertex Chameleon fine in Maya 2018, but cannot apply color to an object- given the error listed.

“// Error: line 0: Cannot find procedure “RH_VertexPolyColour”.”

Everything is properly in the plug-ins folder but I cannot actually load the plug-in. I try check marking it and it immediately de-check marks the plug-in.

“// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: The specified procedure could not be found. (VertexChameleon2018)”

Thanks!

Hey,

I’m the author of Vertex Chameleon. I no longer have Maya, but I saw that they’re released the 2018 SDK publically, so I took all the recommendations above and have rebuilt the plugin.

You can find it here (version 1.9.0 BETA):
https://github.com/RenderHeads/MayaPlugin-VertexChameleon/releases

I have no way to test it, so perhaps you can test it and let me know if it works =)

Thanks,

I just saw this tool, its amazing :smiley:
It seems to work with Maya 2018, although I have only tested the basic functions so far. The window shows up in Maya 2017 too, but it doesn’t do any of the procedures.

Is there actually a way to be able to view the individual channels in black and white? That would be amazing :smiley:

Oh that’s great! Please let me know if anything is broken, because I can’t test it. This build is only for Maya 2018…I don’t have the Maya 2017 devkit .lib files, and for some reason they aren’t avaiable with the devkit from Autodesk, so I can’t build it. So just Maya 2008-2014 + 2018 for now.

We actually stopped supporting this plugin a few years ago and released it as open source. Lately though a few people have contacted us for help to support newer versions of Maya. I found this thread which has some very helpful tips for this, so I’ve blindly rebuilt the plugin and hope it will work for people so that I can make a proper release of this. Let me know!

I don’t think there is an option to view individual channels…

Thanks,