Fabric Engine 1.12 is out, so I thought I'd come and update you guys

Hi everyone - it’s been a while since I posted here, so I hope me popping up with some self-promotion isn’t too gauche :slight_smile:

We put out a big new release of Fabric last week, which you can catch up on here: Fabric 1.12 release blog

There’s a ton of new stuff in there that I think will appeal to you guys, and there’s some very cool stuff coming for Siggraph. We’ll have Splice support for Max at the show, which means everything in the blog above will be available within Max as well as Maya and Softimage. On top of that we’ll be showing our new visual programming system for Fabric 2.0 - if you know about our team, we worked on ICE at Softimage so we have a pretty good idea of what we want to achieve with this system. I’ll post the Siggraph schedule once we have it nailed down, but we’ll be giving user groups all day on Tuesday 12th August.

Anyway - I know there’s a fair few games guys in here so I’m really keen to see what you think of this release and how useful it could be for you.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Paul

Awesome update, and having a splice integration of both Soft, Maya and Max is really interesting and has the potential to become an awesome platform for application agnostic content pipelines.

Definitely looking forward to the visual programming system.

Mike Malinowski

Thanks Mike - we should start showing some teaser stuff next week. I’m looking forward to pushing on the games side as well, since there’s some interesting scope for 1:1 DCC:Runtime authoring without getting middleware involved.

As for the VP system, it’s funny really - that was the original plan for the company four years ago but we got a bit sidetracked and the 1.0 design didn’t lend itself well to visual programming. It’s really great to see how things are coming together for 2.0 - I think people are going to be surprised at what’s possible when you have such a tight relationship between the VP system and the underlying language.

Hi again - our Siggraph schedule is up: http://fabricengine.com/siggraph/ - come and see the new visual programming, Splice for Max and various other cool stuff :slight_smile: Hoping to catch up with people at the show.

Hi everyone - just letting you know that Fabric 1.13 was released yesterday. The full release info is here

Some highlights: KL inheritance, OS X support and enhancements to GPU Compute for KL. We’ve started moving certain parts of Fabric to public repos (things like the Alembic extension, Vicon support etc) so you can take what we’ve done and run with it. Finally, we’ve overhauled our docs so you should find it much easier to get the information you need.

As always, Fabric is free for individuals (and we’ve removed the licensing step to make it even easier for you to get up and running). We also offer fifty free licenses to studios - the ‘just a taste’ business model :wink:

You can get Fabric here

Thanks,

Paul

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.