DreamWorks TV is currently looking for a CG Generalist to join its team based in Glendale, California!
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Generalist works closely with the Global VFX Supervisor to coordinate with Modeling, Rigging and Production to help ensure that all aspects of the asset creation process come together seamlessly and efficiently.
This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete detailed builds for props, sets, vehicles and environments including modeling and basic rigging
- Check all asset files for consistency and adhere to pipeline standards such as: naming conventions, node hierarchies, file directory pathing and overall QC
- Using python, help script tools to assist with standardizing modeling workflows
- Review and note production builds created by our Partner Studio(s) to ensure they align with the technical specifications of the series
- Work with CG Artists to final asset builds for Layout and Animation production
- Responsible for detailing the corrections needed in order to ensure models will function properly during episodic animation
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software
- Collaborate with the Leads and Artists in other CG disciplines to help establish processes and pipeline integration
- Understanding of the CG Pipeline
- Knowledge of Maya, V-Ray and Photoshop
- Scripting ability in Python
- Fundamental generalist skills for troubleshooting and identifying problems within files
- Prior experience working in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to meet required production deadlines
- Creative problem solving and adaptability skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- At least 3 years of professional experience working within a 3D production pipeline
- Knowledge of ZBrush is a plus
- Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred