The creators of a top selling and critically acclaimed game franchise has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Artist to join our studio. This role involves supporting the art team with our production toolset and assisting in development of technical content creation methods and processes to efficiently achieve high quality game content for our cutting edge games. This person is responsible for providing production and technical support to Artists, including; shader writing, scripting, particle effects, lighting, rendering, animation, modeling, game content pipeline design and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and triage artist issues with tools and art creation workflow
- Work with dev and tools teams to prioritize and develop tools/scripts/plugins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines.
- Author shaders and maintain stability and performance of material library.
- Prototype new techniques to facilitate more efficient content production.
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field.
- Computer programming/scripting experience.
- Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, 3D Studio Max preferred.
- Understanding of 3D graphics principles and procedures
- Experience with next-generation content creation techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well under deadlines and multi-tasks
This position sits 100% onsite in Redmond, WA
No visa sponsorship is available for this role
If you’re interested, send your resume to [email protected] and reference this post!