Introductions

It’s always awesome to see new faces, welcome aboard!.

Hiya, I’m Tim. I’ve been a TD/TA for a bit now. Main strength is character/creature rigging.

Nice to meet you guys, I didn’t know about this site or I woulda been here sooner lol.

Hi,

My name is Anna, web designer from Jakarta. I want to learn more from other member here.

Welcome aboard!

Hey, I’m Stan and I just started scripting and exploring the wonderful of technical art.
I work currently in archviz, but am very interested in the whole technical part of my job and would love to gain and share knowledge with you guys :slight_smile:

I also have a question: Is there a proper place do post code and get some feedback on it? Like a WIP section?
I have some issues and would love to get some input from advanced coders.

Hey Stan, welcome to TAO. Yep the best place for that is in the ‘Forum->Technical Discussion->Coding, Tools, and Pipelines’ section

~B)

Hi guys and gals,

My name is Jack, I’m a student at Bournemouth university doing the 3D animation masters degree. I guess I’m something of a generalist- to be honest I have absolutely no idea where which direction I’m heading which is what has brought me here.

I’ve dabbled in pretty much every part of the animation process and I really enjoy it, but I have no background in fine art which means I’ve reached a kind of plateau. I’m thinking that perhaps focusing a bit more on the technical side of things might increase my chances of finding a job in the future.

My website is here if you’re interested. Perhaps one of you might be able to give me a nudge in a good direction.

Looking forward to speaking with you all!

I guess I should have done this when I joined…

I’m a former full-time tech artist (ten years in games industry) and now part-time. I left the games industry to become an electrician. I’m currently in the last year of my apprenticeship.

Before games, I worked as an electronics technologist, mostly on elevator controllers. I started modding Quake after work and caught the bug.

In the games industry, I did a lot of different things. Technical animator, technical artist, environment artist, lighter, lead lighter and effects artist. I never said “no” when asked to help so I took on a lot of roles. I worked on 12 published games plus one unpublished.

I’ve been keeping busy with Unity making asset packages for the asset store. Its a good way to make extra money. I’ve made fifteen effects packages and one model package for a cave system. My current work is isometric pixel art.

I’m considering a return to the games industry in the next year or two. I’m going to update my demo reel with a lot of UDK stuff and more scripting. I’m also sometimes available for short-term projects in the Vancouver area.

Hello

My name is Sebastian.
Since I was a kid I liked to know how things worked and thats how I ended with the modest game industry in Argentina.
I’ve been working in a lot of platforms, worked mostly with mobile devices.
I like to put things like they are on the artist and game designers mind and to add something more from my part.

I’m here to learn and to share and meet awesome people. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard to all the new members

~B)

After a massive turnout to the Tech-Artists Bootcamp and Roundtables, membership here has exploded! A big thank you to all the speakers and organizers of all events.

I’d like to welcome all the new members to Tech-Artists.Org, please feel free to introduce yourself and ask any questions you have.
This community is always ready and willing to offer support and advice to anyone who asks.

If you have not had a chance to read the Tech Artist Creed you can check out the thread:

It’s great to see so many new faces and again Welcome.

~B)

And don`t be scared to introduce yourself :slight_smile:

Welcome!!

Nice to have you here Robert!

Welcome!

Long time lurker, thought I’d introduce myself and get a bit more involved here. :slight_smile:

My name is Kristof and I currently work as a Technical Character Artist for Remedy Games where I’m part of the Character Tech team for Quantum Break.
I do pipeline design and implementation, rig & skin characters, make Maya plugins and all sorts of techie things. :slight_smile:

Awesome dude, Welcome :slight_smile:

Hello,

My name is Dusan. Long time 3d artist, never used to code much. I got exposed, not so long ago to realtime graphics, first through away3D, then Unity and now finally I decided to stay in the WebGL waters.

I don’t know much about rigging, nor animation, but i love writing shaders. I’m relatively proficient at c# and javascript. I’m currently looking for either webgl related work or to somehow break into the gaming industry as tech artist.

My original intention was to create some low poly stuff for my portfolio, but i got stuck figuring out normal maps. I didn’t like the fact that many pipelines consisted of hack after hack after hack. I use 3ds max, i model in it, and i wanted to be able to easily bake something in it. I ended up writing my own exporter and synced tangent shader, but never got around to actually use it to create art.

I’m hoping to get some advice in which direction to take my skills.

Hey all, my name is Taylor Wright. I’m a technical/VFX artist graduate student at the Guildhall at SMU in Plano, Texas. I’ve lurked for a long time around here, so I thought it about time to introduce myself.

Like a lot of other people I kinda fell sideways into the tech artist role. We needed someone who knew the tech and could make some rudimentary tools to make everyone more efficient. I used to do website design back in high school and a little in undergrad so I already knew the mindset a bit. I started with Maxscript (as I myself use Max for everything) and moved on to Python and MEL. I fell in love with Python and am currently working on quite a few scripts for Maya (even though I don’t use Maya. Weird, right?) I mainly enjoy pipeline-oriented tool creation but I have rigged up my fair share of models as well. I also love VFX. I’ve worked mainly in UDK/Cascade but I have really fallen in love with Rayfire for Max. If you haven’t checked it out, it’s really fun and powerful.

Anyways, that’s me in a nutshell. Have a good one!

Hello, everyone!

I’m new to the site and first off, I’m still a student in college and I want to learn what it takes to be a Technical Artist in the Gaming world. I’m going to be mainly asking for help and seeking information but I do believe this is where I belong in gaming and as an artist in general. Hope to talk to everyone soon.

Liz

Hey everyone!

My name is Justin Eslinger. I’m the technical artist working on Hex TCG MMO. (www.hextcg.com) I have a background in programming (C++/C#/JS/PHP/MySQL/Mel), film (Cinematography/VFX), 2D (Photoshop/After Effects) and 3D (Maya/C4D/ZBrush). Been on this site for a while. Looking forward to contributing, learning and meeting all of you! Cheers!

Hello everyone!

My name is Dmitry, but my foreign friends tend to call me Ian :slight_smile: I’m from Russia and currently work as a technical animator for the “Skyforge” MMORPG project (http://sf.my.com/), which is being developed by Allods Team in collaboration with Obsidian Entertainment. Really nice to be here, this forum does have great people on board and tons of useful information, that’s for sure. Hope I will get a chance to contribute to community and help it grow even more. Cheers! :):