Here are the notes I provided Autodesk with on the HyperShade Crash
Maya crashes when opening the Hypershade after opening a Scene
Maya will crash when opening the Hypershade Window, if the Hypershade window was open before loading a scene file.
- Create a temporary file containing a simple cube and save it.
- Restart Maya.
- When Maya finishes loading, open the HyperShade.
- Open the temporary file created earlier.
4a. You should notice that Maya closed the HyperShade window.
- Open the HyperShade once the temp file is finished loading.
- Maya should crash 100% repro.
A couple of other observations.
If I manually close the Hypershade before opening a file, the HyperShade will not crash when I re-open it. Maya only crashes if I leave the Hypershade open when I load a different scene file.
Creating a new scene does not close the Hypershade. The HyperShade window only appears to be closed when opening a file.
If Restore Saved Layouts is enabled in the Preferences, and the file you are opening had the HyperShade window visible when it was saved, Maya will crash right away.
Also, the crash seems to be related to Auxiliary Nodes:
This is an additional piece of information that is critical to reproducing the crash.
1. Open the HyperGraph Hierarchy Window
2. Under the Show Menu, enable Show Auxiliary Nodes
3. Save Preferences and Restart Maya.
4. Follow the steps outlined in the original report.